Cordless Cable App for Consumers
Watch television where you want it without the sacrifice*:
On your big screen
On your phone or tablet
On your computer
*Your local Video Service Provider must support usage of the Cordless Cable App
Cordless Cable In Action
All images, channel logos, and program info below are copyright their respective owners; they are shown for reference only under "fair usage" rules to demonstrate functionality within the Cordless Cable App. We make no claims of endorsement in any way by the copyright holders. Actual channels and services available will vary, based on the Video Service Provider you sign with.
Getting Cordless Cable
Check back often. New products and platforms are added frequently.
Fire Stick & Fire TV
Cordless Cable can be downloaded directly from the Amazon App Store for your First Stick or First TV. We support all current and many past models.
In the App Store, search for Cordless Cable
Many Brands & Models
Many Smart TVs are Android-based. Cordless Cable is already available for many of these TVs. Some TVs do not directly interface with Google Play; for these specific cases, we have begun to certify the Cordless Cable App for them. If your Smart TV does not list Cordless Cable as a downloadable App, check back later as we continue to expand our support.
If you would like your TV to be supported and have been waiting patiently, contact your Video Service Provider and request support. They will let us know about the request.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions
To really understand this, we need to provide a bit of background information first.
The Cordless Cable app has been designed to work with local cable providers, provided that they have an account (i.e., contract) with anyVID. This is because anyVID does not possess the content rights to any video – your local cable company owns those rights.
Essentially, the Cordless Cable app is just a way for your local cable provider to stream video to devices, if they choose to use it.
Since there are many local cable providers that use the Cordless Cable app, we need a way to know which one is your provider. To do this, a Provider ID or Account Token is used.
- The Provider ID is an unique ID that has been assigned specifically to your local cable company by anyVID.
- The Account Token is an unique ID that has been assigned specifically to your account by your local cable company to be used specifically for Cordless Cable.
We recommend contacting your local cable provider and ask if they are using the Cordless Cable app to stream video. If they are using it, you can ask them what their Provider ID is.
Contact your local cable provider and ask them if they are using the Cordless Cable app to stream video. If they are using it, you can ask them what your Account Token is.
Please contact your local cable provider if you have any issues. They may already be aware of the issue and are in the processing of finding a solution to it.
When contacting your local cable provider, it is helpful to let them know the following information:
- Device: What device is the app running on?
- Device OS: What operating system is your device using (i.e., Android 9.0, iOS 12.3, iPadOS 14.4, etc.)?
- Web browser: If you are using a web browser, know what browser you are using and what version it is (i.e., Google Chrome 88.0.4324.150, etc.).
- App: What software version does your Cordless Cable app say it is running (i.e., 6.0.1.Beta, 6.0.3, etc.)
- Issue frequency: Is the issue always happening, does it happen only sometimes, or does it happen after you do something in particular?
If your local cable provider cannot help you, they will contact anyVID for you.
While the Cordless Cable app does support multiple languages - currently English, French, & Spanish - it is up to your local cable provider to decide if they will be made available to you.
When creating an account or linking a device to your account, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, birthdate or other details to help identify you for security purposes and/or to better serve you.
We collect information from you when you create an account and when you assign devices to your account.
We may use the information we collect from you when you create an account, assign devices to an account, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, use our site or Application, or use certain other features in the following ways:
- To quickly process your transactions
- To verify for security purposes who you are
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. Our apps are monitored regularly for vulnerabilities and opportunities to make them more secure.
- We use regular Malware and Virus Scanning, as well as log and activity monitoring.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, as well as a second layer meeting and exceeding most specs by other companies, governments, and other entities.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All financial transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers for any extended amount of time.
We do not use traditional cookies for tracking purposes.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Users are able to change their personal information by logging in to their account.
It's important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- Within 2 business days, we will notify the users via in-site notification.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.